The Missouri Foundation for Bicycling and Walking is a corporation organized exclusively for charitable, educational, and scientific purposes under section 501(c)(3) of the IRS code. A statewide, not-for-profit organization promoting good health and physical activity through bicycling and walking, bicycle and pedestrian safety, and education of bicyclists, pedestrians and motorists.
Your contribution to the Foundation is considered tax deductible to the extent allowed by law.
Click here to find out more about donating or make an online donation.
Your contribution to the Missouri Foundation for Bicycling and Walking helps move forward programs like these:
Foundation Annual Reports
- Promoting good health and physical activity through bicycling and walking.
- Missouri's new Safe Routes to School program--to teach youngsters to walk and bicycle to school safely.
- Bicycle education, promotion of the League of American Bicyclists' League Cycling Instruction program.
- School bicycle clubs program.
- Our efforts to promote the Katy Trail and bicycle tourism in Missouri.
- Education of drivers, bicyclists, and pedestrians about how to safely share the road.
- Educating the public about the newly passed Missouri Bicycle Safety legislation.
- Many others! The Foundation helps to implement our unified Vision for Bicycling and Walking in Missouri through outreach and education--and, generally, in all ways consistent with its 501(c)3 status.
How has your contribution helped move bicycling and walking forward in Missouri in years past?
The Missouri Foundation for Bicycling and Walking (formerly known as the Missouri Bicycle Foundation) is a corporation organized exclusively for charitable, educational, and scientific purposes under section 501(c)(3) of the IRS code. Donations to The Foundation are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law. The Foundation's EIN is 20-3389214.
Many employers have programs that will match contributions given to 501(c)(3) public charities like the Foundation. In some cases the employer wishes to have a copy of the organization's IRS exemption letter (PDF format, 650KB).
The Foundation and MoBikeFed (the Missouri Bicycle and Pedestrian Federation, Inc.) will work together to move bicycling forward in Missouri. The difference between the two is:
- The Foundation can do only nonpolitical work such as education, promotion, and bicycle/pedestrian safety initiatives. Donations to the Foundation are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law.
- MoBikeFed, on the other hand, can do political activism and lobbying. Because of the political nature of some of MoBikeFed's activities (lobbying for bicycle & pedestrian friendly legislation, for instance), donations to MoBikeFed are NOT tax deductible.